CND Shellac is the original, one and only Power Polish. It’s not a gel polish, which are basically just “watered” down gels, it’s a true innovation in chip-free design, extended-wear nail colour that last up to 14+ days!
CND Shellac goes on beautifully like a polish, cures like a gel under a UV light, wears beautifully, dries immediately and removes with no damage. There is no drying time so you can leave immediately and do not have to worry what your hands are up to! Shellac polish comes in numerous colours and nail designs, with durable shine that resists chips, scratches, and smudges.
Shellac is a blend of gel and nail polish. Because it is like a polish, it can’t be used to extend your nail. Because it is like a gel, however, it does add strength and durability. In the long term Shellac is much less damaging to nails than traditional Gels (or Acrylics).
The main benefit is that it reduces chipping.
CND Shellac Nails – After Care Advice
If you want your gorgeous new nail polish to last all you have to do is give them a little care and attention.
Your polish will last longer if you follow the following advice:
Avoid doing jobs that are rough on your hands, such as household cleaning, gardening and any tough hobbies. At the very least, protect your hands and nails with a good pair of gloves.
- Do not pick or pull at your nails – even if it has chipped. You could damage your natural nail. Ring the salon for advice.
- Check whether your sun tan oil or insect repellant contains DEET as this can damage the Shellac colour.
- Invest in some Solar Oil and rub it into your nails at least twice a day.
- Invest in some CND hand and body lotion and use it daily.
- Use an acetone free nail polish remover when removing nail polish which you may have applied over your Shellac colour.
- Ask your nail technician at Inspire Beauty to professionally remove your Shellac polish or invest in a Shellac Removal Tube if you want to remove your polish at home.
Please use Solar Oil at least twice a day (especially at night before going to bed) to replace lost moisture to your skin and nails. We recommend Solar Oil which we retail various sizes starting at £4 and which is made to be used with Shellac. Also beneficial is the use of any CND hand and body lotion daily. Regularly using CND aftercare products will substantially prolong the life of your Shellac manicure and keep your natural nails and the skin surrounding them healthy, moisturised and flexible. If you wish to temporarily change the colour of your nails whilst wearing Shellac you can use nail enamel over the Shellac but please be sure to use an Acetone Free Remover if removing nail polish between appointments
Shellac is the brand name for a new, patent pending nail product created by Creative Nail Design (CND). It is a hybrid, meaning half nail polish, half gel.
The product can be applied similarly to nail polish on your natural nails (no sculpting or filing). It is cured through UV lighting, just like Gels.
- Thin and strong product that gives it both flexibility and durability
- Natural look combined with the shine associated with gel nails
- Lasts up to 14 days
- Removal technique through acetone wraps does not leave nails dry, thin, or torn.
- Unlike other artificial nails, you cannot use Shellac to strengthen or lengthen your nails.
- Shellac is only sold to licensed professionals and requires a special removal process. You cannot apply Shellac, repair a break or even remove it at home.
- Shellac is not for everyone as it requires a healthy nail bed.
Removal time is brief, and the method doesn’t damage the nails or the surrounding skin, as there is no drilling, soaking or filing. The nails are wrapped individually and in as little as 10 minutes the polish is removed!
Are Shellac nails for you? If you are wondering what nail system to go for then Shellac nails are the answer and very addictive